Sunday, November 27, 2011

Love Christmas

A few weeks ago, the greatest thing ever happened.

Christmas started.

Christmas is definitely more than just a single day. All of my life, I've felt disappointed in Christmas at about 7 at night. That's it? That's the whole thing? Everyone makes such a fuss, that you assume it must be a life changing day. That's why I consider any sign of Christmas- songs on the radio, lights up, all that jazz- as the effective start of Christmas.

Even if Thanksgiving or December hasn't come yet, we should still be happy to see Christmas come. The first thing everyone rags on are Christmas songs on the radio. "Wahhhhhhhh, it isn't thanksgiving yet! I can't be joyful and thankful at the same time! I need Lil' Wayne!"  These people are genuinely bad people. Christmas is a time of happiness and joy and anyone who wants to put it off even 5 minutes has no soul. If you get bored of happiness and joy, you have no soul. You should be doing more christian things, like deciding who does and does not have a soul.
The Choice Is Yours




Nordstrom famously put out a sign before Thanksgiving saying that they wouldn't be "Decking the Halls" until December 1st, proving that the anti-Christmas crowd is gaining sway. But you can fight back. Love Christmas all of the time, because Christmas loves you all of the time. It can make you happier if you just accept that you can enjoy peace and love for more than one month out of the year.

2 comments:

  1. I agree totally, humans always need some remainders in their life to point out what is good and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh , I gotta say when I'm trying to enjoy my nice turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce sandwich (mmmmmmmm), a little light Weezy would be much prefered to a Christmas jingle. Wrong holiday! I mean December first I will bring out my Charlie Brown Christmas and listen to the love, but occasionally I feel I need a break from the pressures of holidays so I can experience the pressures of real life and be thankful for the lighter holidays. All in all though, go christmas!

    ReplyDelete